Saturday, February 10, 2007

Where Will These Feet Take You?


I have to confess, I love baby feet.

I hate adult feet. I think that feet as a rule are icky. Maybe that's why I love shoes so much...they cover up the nastiness that are people's feet. No foot fetish here, I can't stand feet.

But there's something about baby feet that is totally different. They're so soft, sweet and pure. They have yet to take a step towards their goals in life. Just like the baby they are attached to, they are blissfully ignorant of what lays ahead. They know nothing of the hurt and corruption that they will likely face on the long road that lies ahead.

I love to play with Angel's little feet. I love the way he curls his toes and the softness of his little heels. I love to kiss the tiny little toes that look like wee berries. I like to wonder where his feet will take him.

Will those feet ever take steps on foreign soil? Will they run carefree on a sandy beach? Will they splash in the ocean? Will they follow in the prints left by the feet of other great men?

Will these feet carry him to a battlefield to serve his country? Will they walk the halls of a hospital as he cares for others? Will they kick a soccer ball or football in a championship game? Will they dance on a stage? Will they lead him to the altar to marry his true love?

Wherever they lead him, near or far, I pray they always lead him home.

2 comments:

Dustanne said...

Those feetsies are just so cutesy. I love the wonders and I am sure they will take him wherever he goes and you will always be proud.
lotsa love.

Tami said...

Precious lil baby feet. I am with you..grown up feet are icky but baby feet are delicious.