Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Sat Down and Scrapped!

After many failed attempts at getting my butt in gear and scrapping, I finally hauled everything out last night and scrapped. There was a sketch challenge on Croppin Frenzy and I decided that it might be just the thing I needed to make myself get back into the swing of things. It worked! This is what I came up with!

It's Angel sleeping when he was a month old, and is one of my favorite pictures of him. He looks so...well...angelic. LOL. This is a terrible picture of the layout. I can't wait to get a new scanner so I can start scanning my layouts in instead of having to take a digital picture. Maybe I'll whine and plead with Pan and see what he says about springing for a new scanner for me this week.

Yesterday was a fun and profitable day for me. My mom and dad came to visit again, and they were so taken with Angel that neither of them wanted to put him down, which is unusual for my dad, who isn't a "little baby" person. Thought I'd share some pics of them with the baby, too.

Here's the proud Granddad with his newest grandson. Both my parents were all amazed that Angel can now get his fingers into his mouth to chew them with little or no effort. He's been doing it for ages, so I wasn't quite as impressed. LOL

Angel is a BIG boy, weighing in 1 ounce shy of 14 pounds at our doctor's appointment on Monday. Maybe that's why my dad wasn't hesitant to pick him up and play with him. He's sturdier than most 2 month old babies and he's really alert. He loves to be played with. He loves his Grandad!

My mom wanted a picture taken of her and Angel in his new pyjamas she gave him for Christmas. He's also got the bear she gave him for Christmas in this pic too. Aren't those pyjamas the BOMB??? They look exactly like little men's pyjamas and have Tigger on them.

Angel loves Momma. Even her voice over the phone makes him smile. All three of my boys have a very special bond with my mom, and she's the kind of grandma that everyone should have. She plays games and does puzzles. She makes cookies and lets them help. And, of course, she never comes to visit without some sort of treat!!! She's always pleasant and fun, and she gives the best hugs and kisses.


She got the title Momma (pronounced "Maw-Maw") from my nephew Adam (who is Angel's godfather) because he couldn't say Grandma. It stuck, and my boys call her that too. It's adorable to hear. Even cuter is that Adam and Tink Jr. still call her that too, even though they are 18 and 16 years old! She loves being "Momma", and I think it suits her.


We bought Angel a new swing yesterday. When Poptart was a baby, we had the Ocean Wonders swing. I sold it last spring when we decided that our baby days were over - at least for a long time. A couple of weeks later I found out that I was pregnant. Great timing or what?

Whoever said that a swing was an unnecessary item was a LIAR. Babies need to be able to see what's going on around them, and a mommy can't be expected to carry the baby around all the time! So yesterday I decided that I wasn't waiting any longer. Angel needed a swing.

This one was only $75 and I think it's adorable. Not as fancy as the Ocean Wonders one, but it does the trick. It has 3 recline positions, 5 speeds, and 5 songs/sounds for soothing. I also like the fact that the top is open. MUCH easier for getting Angel in and out. He fell asleep in it twice yesterday!

And yes, that's my foot trying to keep the swing still for a picture. Isn't that a cute sock? His Majesty picked out those socks for me for Christmas. I'm a snowflake fiend. It was the theme of our wedding, actually.

I also picked up some toys for the boys' Easter baskets yesterday and an album for the King's baby pages, but if I can find a 12X12 album with Noah's Ark or a giraffe on it, I will use this one for Angel. Poptart has a Winnie the Pooh album, because that was his baby theme. The King's theme was Noah's Ark, but I would settle for giraffes or jungle animals with a giraffe among them because they are his favorite animals and he collects giraffes. I bought him a pair of giraffes with their necks wound around each other yesterday. It plays "Hooked on a Feeling" and they dance to the music. He named them "James and Mommy". How CUTE!!! Being a mommy gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling sometimes, and the giraffes were well worth the $9 after that. (Original price $35, so I got a WICKED deal.)

Holy cow, I've rambled on forever! I was going to post a new pic of Tink Jr. but I'll do that tonight since this post is already a million miles long! Must be all the pictures. ;-)

Ciao!

6 comments:

Tami said...

Love the layout and all the pics. Your mom is such a cutie. She just looks like a grandma. I will keep an eye out for a giraffe or noah's ark book this weekend.

Love ya,
Tami

Anonymous said...

Lucky u to have found time to scrap....heck, I've been neglectant of my scrap area for 2 mths! I hate it!

Thanks for visiting my blog

Michelle said...

Great layout! Love the blog :) Thanks for stopping by mine yesterday!

ChristyR said...

Love the layout! It's so important to make time to scrap! I hope it happens for me real soon, not just one or two layouts but like a night of scrappin. Scrappin' and chocolate and soda and movies-total love stories! That would be heaven right now!

The Hallman Tribe said...

Christine....APRIL!!! we can sit up all night doing that!!!

love the layout. he looks sooooo sweet sleeping. but don't all babies!!!

Dustanne said...

Love the layout Tink , and the pic of it is is awesome!!!!
Love the pics of mom and dad, that rocks that your dad loved holding him.
I shall keep my eyes open as well, cause for some reason, I think I have seen either one somewhere.