Thursday, February 15, 2007

Poptart's Fat Lip...

Well, he's finally done it.

I knew it was coming, but I still wasn't able to stop it.

Poptart has a fat lip.

How did this happen? Well, it was a result of disobedience, but I'm fairly certain that he still didn't learn his lesson.

He has a blue Rubbermaid tote in his bedroom that we keep his toys in. It's in his bedroom and not the living room because he likes to use it as a stepladder and I'm always terrified that he's going to fall and hurt himself. So yesterday when he decided that he was going to dump all of his toys out onto the floor and bring the tote into the living room, I said "No."

Did that stop him? Absolutely not! He brought it out anyway. So what did Mommy do? Well, Mommy took that tote from him and took it right back into the bedroom without further ado. So he brought it out again. Mommy, being tired and frustrated, said to heck with it, and left him alone. When my back was turned, Poptart decided to try a new trick with the tote. He decided that it might be fun to sit on the edge of the tote to watch television like he does the arm of the sofa.

For anyone who has ever considered trying this (I don't know why anyone would but you never know these days) I would like to offer you a little lesson in physics. Sitting on the edge of a tote without an equal weight on the other side will cause the tote to act like a see-saw. And you will end up on the floor.

And if you're Poptart, you will manage to pierce your lip the old-fashioned and painful way: with your tooth.

I didn't panic, for once in my life. I very calmly got a cold wet towel and cleaned his lip, then got an ice pack for the swelling. Strawberry Shortcake was on television and she was a great help in distracting Poptart from the fact that blood was flowing from his beautiful pouty lower lip.

Long story short, Poptart got a fat lip and this scrapping mom just had to take a picture for his baby book.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Poor lil poptart! Big kisses on the cheek (I know that lip hurts) from aunty Tami. Way to go on the no panic stay calm for mommy.
Love ya both,
Tami

Dustanne said...

First fat lip....rock on, got some war wounds to talk about. Hee hee
Hope he heals well and it is so great that you did it all without panicing.
Hugs