Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Tami!!!

Well, it's Tami's special day today, so I have decided to devote my blog post today entirely to her. She is my best friend, and let me take a few minutes to tell you why.

Tami and I met online at a scrapbooking forum and began chatting on MSN some months ago. I have met a lot of people online, but this was different. She and I instantly clicked and within days were more like sisters than strangers that had never met face to face. Before we knew it, we were very best friends. We chatted late into the night and sometimes even the wee hours of the morning. I shared everything with her, even my most intimate secrets and the dark thoughts that I didn't dare to voice to anyone else.

Why do I love Tami so much? The list is too long to put in one post. She's the best friend I could have ever asked for. We disagree sometimes, but that's okay, because we respect each other's differences. She's open, honest, caring and always there to lend a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to cry on. She's funny and smart, always has a great witty comment to make about things, and is fiercely loyal.

She's my own personal cheerleader, psychiatrist, comedienne, and advisor. She makes me laugh and comforts me when I cry. She helps me put things in perspective, and when I'm being unreasonable, she doesn't tell me that; instead, she goes right along with me.

Really, I can't put it into words why I adore her. I guess I should just sum it up by saying: because she's Tami, and I wouldn't have her any other way.

Okay, my words just can't do her justice, so I'm going to borrow the words of Brandy to say how I truly feel. Here's to you, my best friend!!!


Best Friend
© Brandy

Whenever I'm down I call on you my friend
A helping hand you lend in my time of need
So, I'm calling you now just to make it good
What else can I do for you hear my plea
Friends may come and friends may go
But you should know that I've got your back
It's automatic
So never hesitate to call 'cause I'm your sister
And always for you in love
Whenever I'm down with all that's going on
Is really going on just one of those days
And you say the right things
To keep me moving on
To keep me going strong
What else can I say?
Friends are there through thick and thin
And I've been told that
And I believe that it's automatic
Call me when you need a friend
'Cause I'm your sister and always know that
I'll be there for you
When you're going through things that you need me
You're close to me my friend
You can count on me
Call me when you need me
Or can't take it anymore,
I don't know what I'd ever do without you
From the beginning to the end
You've always been here right beside me
So I'll call you my best friend
Through the good times and the bad ones
Whether I lose or if I win
I know one thing that never changes
And that's you as my friend!

Happy birthday Tami. Many many more and may we celebrate together next year. In Tuscany!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Tink ~ I love you girly. I don't desearve the high praise but through blubbering tears all I can say is Thank you and I will always be here.

I LOVE YOU TINK,
Tami

ChristyR said...

Okay I don't know either of you but seriously it almost brought me to tears, like I felt them welling up but choked 'em back..so sweet! I think everyone should have a friend like that and if they don't they are missing out. And Happy Birthday Tami! Off to tell my BF how much I love her! TY!

Dustanne said...

Was very sweet Tink....sorry I missed the day Tami.