Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Natural Disaster that is My Life...

Okay, this day has been kind of like cleaning up after a natural disaster, I think. I slept late because for some reason I just could not open my eyes this morning. When I got up, I decided to put together all of the baby bottles that I had washed and set aside. While doing that, I discovered that someone (I'm not going to mention Pan's name here, just in case it was Poptart, but I'm pretty sure I know the guilty one...) had thrown an unwashed bottle ring and nipple among all the ones I'd cleaned and sterilized already. What did I do? Of course, I had to rewash and resterilize everything that I'd already had cleaned up.

While in the process of doing this, I moved the container that I was sterilizing the bottles in and noticed that something had been spilled on the counter and that someone (again, not going to accuse Pan here) had not cleaned it up. It had run underneath the glass cutting board that I keep on my counter and it smelled bad. So I started to clean that as well, but it had run underneath my bread box too! Off the counter came the bread box and both box and board got thoroughly cleaned and sprayed with Lysol, as did the counter.

Since I was at it, and I was cleaning bottles, I decided to clean out the cupboard I keep the bottles in and weed out the ones we don't use anymore. This is the cupboard over the sink, and I had to get on a chair to do that. So after the cupboard was washed out and sprayed with Lysol, I realized that since I was up there, I might as well do the spice cupboard next to it! Out came all the spices and I threw away all the ones that I wasn't using/looked old. Well, I also discovered that Pan had stored my coffeemaker and blender in that cupboard and since the bottle cupboard was so much bigger than the spice one, I switched them.

When that was done, I started on dinner and made a fantastic stir fry full of everything good. (and some things that only one or the other of us like.) Even Poptart chowed down on it. It was great to see him eating vegetables! Who would have thought that a two year old would enjoy red peppers and snow peas?!

Now I'm taking a break and waiting to be sure that Poptart and Angel are both sound asleep before finishing my disaster relief. Who knows? I might get brave and whip up a batch of cookies too...Stranger things have happened today...

2 comments:

Tami said...

Well now I know where you have been all day while I was sitting here all alone. When you get done head on over to my house if you are still in the cleaning mood. And bring those cookies. I will supply the rum.

Dustanne said...

my poor dear.....sending lots of love your way.
don't you love those 'pans' of ours. mine gets me for not putting the package (empty) in the garbage right away, but yet cans of beans can sit on the counter for days....if I wasn't around.
go figure.
good thing though, you got some cleaning done, better than me.
I will meet you at Tami's, cause I can't wait for those cookies and rum...tee hee