Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Can't Shake It

No, I'm not talking about my booty, which I can shake just fine, thank you very much. I'm talking about this wretched cold. Why won't it just go away? Every single morning when I wake up, my throat is so sore I can hardly talk. Now that Pan is back on day shifts, I have to get up early too. When he was working evenings and on his days off he would get up in the morning to let me try to sleep off the sore throat and he'd nap in the afternoon. Now I get a feeling that until Friday (when he officially starts his parental leave!!!) that I'll be going to bed exceptionally early.

My parents are coming in on Wednesday to spend the night. I'm really looking forward to it! The King, Poptart and Angel are getting their portraits taken on Wednesday. They're wearing matching outfits that their Auntie Da bought for them in Alberta this summer. I can't wait to get a real portrait of the three of them for the very first time! So exciting!!!

I was a laundry maniac yesterday...I attacked the laundry pile with a vengeance and got quite a few loads done. Somehow I get the feeling that someone in this house has too much clothes, but I can't narrow it down as to who it is. It always seems like none of us have anything to wear. Maybe we just have too much crappy clothes and not enough good stuff. There's a thought.

On a side note, "Max and Ruby" is such a cute show! I love that Max. He's always getting one over on that bossy Ruby. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually watch that show instead of tuning it out like I do most of the kid's shows. Actually, last summer when Tink Jr. and I were at my mom's house for a vacation we were deeply engrossed in an episode of Max and Ruby and didn't even notice that the kids weren't watching anymore. LOL When I was pregnant with Angel, His Majesty wanted to call the baby Max whether it was a boy or girl. If we ever have another baby, that's a real idea.

So for those of you who have been following my World of Warcraft exploits, the milestone level is just around the corner...Camelot is now level 39 - one level away from getting her very first mount! It may not seem like much to those seasoned players who have a level 70 (or, like our friend Talon, several level 70's...) but to me it's pure gold. Speaking of gold, she needs 90 to learn riding and buy her horse, and I'm only halfway there. Hm...guess there's some ogre killing in Camelot's near future...they carry a lot of cash for some reason. When she gets her mount I'll take a cool screenshot and share it with y'all!

I don't have one of Camelot, but I can share a screenshot of my new Draenei warrior, Dalliore. She's one of my other favorites. She was a totally accidental character, completely randomly rolled, even her name. I was showing my niece Eekie (also not her real name, but there's a reason for Eekie) the different races on World of Warcraft, and when I showed her the Draenei, there was Dalliore and I loved her look so I accepted her as a character. I haven't played her much, but I'm starting to play her a lot more because I love her. She's an amazing character!

This was before she got her Blood Elf Bandit mask...I'll have to get a new screenshot so y'all can see it. She looks absolutely amazing with it on. It completely matches her guild tabard. (Her guild, by the way, is "The Order of Excalibur" which I thought was a pretty cool name.)

Hm...upon further inspection this must be an old shot because she's still using her 2-handed sword...My sweet husband was kind enough to send her a really cool turtle shell shield from the Wailing Caverns, so now she uses a 1-handed sword instead...but I'm babbling because I'm proud of her. LOL My husband also made all of her gear with his old character, that's why it all matches.
Most of my characters have the most awful mismatched gear. I tend to go more for heavier armor than for looks, but in this case I was lucky enough to be able to get both. It's a full set. Yay me! Or should I say, Yay Pan!

So that's one of my gals...I'll try to get Camelot up here later because she's my favorite, and I'd just love to share her with everyone. After level 40, a friend and I have decided to turn our characters into adventurers. We're not going to be leveling as seriously, just exploring Azeroth and fishing everywhere we go. Yes, that's right, if you happen to be on the Sisters Of Elune server and see a night elf hunter with her pet tiger standing on the shore with a human priest, both of them with fishing poles and a campfire, you've probably happened upon Vaspa, Orian and Camelot on one of their camping trips!

So I'm done here. I think that I've blogged sufficiently for someone who hasn't been out of the house for days due to sickness, so look for more from me on Thursday probably, with lots of pictures of my parents' visit with us!

Hugs and kisses to all!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

okay so you have got to talk to my friend Melissa, she is so into that game! I think it's that one..I'm sending her this way!

Tami said...

Ok you know I totally refuse to understand this addiction of yours but I must admit that it sounds very fun and exciting. Hope you are feeling better and I appologize for being the worst best friend in the world. I do love you and promise I will get things rounded out SOON so that we can get our lives back on track and get to chat everyday.

Missing you,
Tami

Dustanne said...

I am so needing to check out this WOW site now....lol
Love your gal there, she does look cool.
good to see you bloggin again!!!!