Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sick Kid

Yup, it's finally happened. There's been a terrible stomach flu circulating town for months now, and I've been thanking my lucky stars every day that my children have seemed to miss it (or it miss them...) but my luck has run out.

Poptart has the stomach flu.

It started last night and he threw up on Pan. Twice. He kept running a low-grade fever and was really cranky. He didn't go to sleep until after midnight. This morning he threw up again. He had a really good nap this afternoon, so here's hoping that it's subsided. He's ten times whinier than usual, and that's a feat, believe me! Poor little Angel is getting neglected today because I have to try to comfort Poptart. All I can hope for is that he's not going to expect this kind of undivided attention after he's well again.

I hate having a sick child. They just want undivided attention - and they should get it - but with two kids here all day, I just can't give it. Not to mention if I have to listen to much more crying I am going to take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm going to have to cut this short. The two youngest are both crying...Please someone come and save me.

6 comments:

Tami said...

Poor tink and poptart. I wish I could run over and help. You really need to move closer coz I am never packing all this junk again.

Anonymous said...

So, why do you call him Poptart? LOL
Hope he gets better and it doesn't circulate thru the family

Dustanne said...

Poor little guy. I am with Jen and hope the rest of the house doesn't get it.
I feel for ya Tink. You take care and try to keep your sanity.
Hugs

Michelle said...

Feel better, poptart! I hate it when the kids are sick, even when they're older, all they want is attention from mommy.

ChristyR said...

Feel better soon!

Tami said...

I named him poptart because when ever Tink thinks he is asleep or occupied and tries to get something done, he pops right back up. He is Aunty Tami's poptart.